The Intel Skull Canyon NUC6I7KYK is the latest edition in the 6th Generation of the Intel NUC series. This is the first Quad-Core version.
As you can see from the following pictures, the NUC6I7KYK has a different form factor, as it has a cooling fan for the Iris Pro 580 Graphics chipset.
- Intel Core i7-6770HQ processor (Quad-Core, Max 3.5 GHz, TDP 45 W)
- Two DDR4 SO-DIMM sockets (up to 32 GB, 2133+ MHz)
- Intel Iris Pro 580 Graphics
- Two M.2 slots with support for AHCI SSD and NVMe using the PCIe x4 lanes. Support 2242 or 2280 mm modules.
- Integrated Wireless-AC 8260
- Bluetooth 4.2 adapter
- SDXC card reader (UHS-I)
- Four USB 3.0 ports (including one charging port)
- Consumer infrared sensor
- Intel I219LM Gigabit LAN Adapter
- One Mini DisplayPort version 1.2
- One Thunderbolt 3 port with USB 3.1 (USB Type-C connector) supporting 40Gbps connectivity
- One Full-Size HDMI 2.0 display port
Known Issues and Fixes
- ESXi 6.0 install will fail without specific reconfiguration of the NUC BIOS
Here is a photo of the Intel NUC6I7KYK with two Samsung SM951 NVMe cards and two Crucial 16GB SODIMMs.
Here we see a Intel NUC6I7KYK with a StarTech USB3 Gigabit Ethernet adapter.